Knives from Jake Hoback Knives are built to last. But, if for some reason, your knife is defective due to materials or workmanship, you can return it to us for repair.
We will repair your knife, including parts and labor, or replace it with a new knife at our discretion. Repair is not always possible or practical. We will replace your knife with the same knife or one that is comparable (if the same knife is no longer available).
If your knife has sentimental value, please decide whether you want to send it to us for repair. If the problem with your knife is significant, there is the possibility that we may need to replace it. We will not return a defective knife that must be replaced. We do this so there are no defective knives in the field.
KNIFE REPAIR PROCESS
Please follow this process when returning a knife to us for repair.
- Notify Us -- Send an email to Admin@JakeHobackKnives.com with a description of what you think is wrong with your knife. Include your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Knife Prep -- Before you ship your knife, please make sure you have cleaned it thoroughly.
- Packaging -- Please put each cleaned knife in a sheath or wrap it in cardboard to protect it during shipping. We prefer that you pack your knife in a box. A padded envelope may also work if the knife isn’t too heavy or bulky. Be sure to put packing around the knife so it sits securely in the package. Pack it so the point will not cut through the packaging. You will get your sheath or cardboard back upon return.
- Insurance -- We recommend that you insure your package and send it "certified, return receipt requested," so it can be tracked if necessary. This will help protect you against possible loss or damage to your knife. Note that knife loss, including shipping to and from us, is not covered under warranty.
- Shipping -- Ship your knife to Jake Hoback Knives, P.O. Box 873, Priest River, Idaho 83856, United States of America. We recommend USPS for shipments inside the U.S.
- Wait Time -- Please expect to wait 4-6 weeks for replacements or repairs.